There will be an Extraordinary AGM on Thursday 27th January 2022.
Venue : The Blue Flame Inn.
Purpose: To elect 3 Trustee’s
Any member wishing to attend should notify the Secretary (Ivan Currie) in advance via the following email …… firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of a Trustee is a highly responsible position, please see the role description below.
The role of a Clevedon and District Angling Club Trustee is:
- To ensure that Clevedon and District Freshwater Angling Club complies at all times with its governing documents.
- To set and maintain vision and values.
- To safeguard the good name and values of Clevedon and District Freshwater Angling club.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the Club including funding, insurance and assets.
- To act in the best interests of the Club, never in the interests of yourself or another organisation.
In addition to the above each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience s/he has to help the Committee reach sound decisions. These may involve scrutinising committee/working group plans, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives and other issues in which the trustee has special expertise. A trustee is required to act reasonably and prudently in all matters relating to the Club and must always bear the interests of Clevedon and District Freshwater Angling club in mind.
Main tasks involved in being a Trustee are:
• to attend Committee meetings.
• to attend Clevedon and District Freshwater Angling Club AGM and any Extraordinary meetings;
• to prepare appropriately in advance of meetings;
- to participate actively and constructively in Committee meeting discussions and decision making.
- to foster a positive working relationship with other Trustees and Club Committee members.
- to develop and maintain up-to-date awareness of Clevedon Freshwater Angling Club and its activities;
- to participate as necessary in any sub committees or working parties the Committee may arrange.